v240 2010

Get to know the members of the community. Say g'day, post details and pics of your Great Wall vehicle!

v240 2010

Postby glassy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Occasionally there is no power with key turned but still have power to lights and horn, will not even hear a click just completely dead what do i look for
glassy

Re: v240 2010

Postby caffa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:18 am

My X200 did the same thing` Turned out to be the nut on the earth strap was loose. I checked the circuit and the one on the starter motor was firm but moving around as well. Tightened them up and haven't thought about it for the last 69k of hassle free starting. Hope your's is an easy fix too :D
2011 X200 and 2010 V240. What else is there in life... :mrgreen:
caffa
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Re: v240 2010

Postby Mitcon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:51 am

Either earth strap as already suggested or this sounds very much like one of the fusible links may have gone. Often they can look fine but once you loosen one side you will see they fall apart in two bits.

You will find these fuses in the little fuse box that fits on the positive terminal of car battery. They are the little metal bars, normally 4 of them. Not as easy to find at the auto shops some times, I went to my local auto electrician and got myself some to keep as spares . Only paid a few cents each

I'm fairly certain this topic has bene covered before on the forum so trying the search feature may be useful for further reading.
Cheers
Wayne

Go low, Go slow.
Mitcon
GWOF Co-founder
GWOF Co-founder

Return to Introduce yourself and showcase