Noob Great Wall Convert

Get to know the members of the community. Say g'day, post details and pics of your Great Wall vehicle!

Noob Great Wall Convert

Postby caffa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:53 pm

G'day all and sundry,

Checking in and saying hi. Bought a tidy X200 in December and whilst I love it for what it is, it doesn't quite tick all the boxes. Doesn't have low range and was quoted 950 to have a towbar fitted etc... so what does one do in that case... buy a V240 dual cab with a tow bar and low range of course :D It's a bit of a rat but for a bit over twice the price of the tow bar for the X200, it ticks the boxes nicely and allows me to fit the dogs in and tow a trailer. Fuel economy is way different from the petrol to the diesel but such is life, and it might improve a bit after I've done the usual obligatory service and change every filter, belt etc that one does when purchasing a 2nd hand car. So, now the proud owner of 2 Great Walls and I think they're great. This site is a great resource full of tips, tricks and experiences!! Looking forward to sharing my experiences as the learning curve continues...
caffa
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Re: Noob Great Wall Convert

Postby jacnden » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Welcome to the forum
2 Great Walls, you could be crazy
Hope the work good for you, mines been fine
jacnden
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Re: Noob Great Wall Convert

Postby caffa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 pm

jacnden wrote:Welcome to the forum
2 Great Walls, you could be crazy
Hope the work good for you, mines been fine

That's gold!!

Thankyou, and yes I might well be. Good to hear yours has been fine. I am not sure of the hype and circumstances that surrounded these little jiggers getting a bad name when they were new here but, whilst they are a bit finnicky and precious in areas, they are not overly different to other cars that have their own little unique things. Compared to the Land Rover in the family, and I think they are the top of the "quirkyness" tree, the Great Wall appears to be a walk in the park, so far :lol:
caffa
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Return to Introduce yourself and showcase