Poll : Great Wall 4wd usage survey

Polls and surveys about various aspects of owning a Great Wall vehicle - some just for fun, others to gain feedback that can be passed on to relevant parties.

What is the most extreme driving your 4x4 GW has ever done?

Never off the bitumen
9%
Well formed dirt roads
9%
Forestry & National Park roads - pot holes & rough.
23%
Formed trails - rough with washouts, etc
27%
Beach sand
13%
Unformed track & cross-country
12%
Extreme rock hopping!
3%
Mud submarine/swamp monster
3%

Total votes : 130

Re: Poll : Great Wall 4wd usage survey

Postby Mitcon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 am

lol, now thats what I call "custom" side steps Alan :twisted:
Cheers
Wayne

Go low, Go slow.
Mitcon
GWOF Co-founder
GWOF Co-founder

Postby TheOddByte » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for so many responses to this poll in just one week!

As the guy who proposed this poll, I thought I'd make a few comments:

1) The main reason for asking for this poll was purely selfish - I'm looking for a replacement for my aging Cruiser & am seriously considering a GW. I'm a photographer who needs a vehicle that can get off the beaten track, and have found this forum to be a great resource. Getting a feel for the type of driving forum members do adds value to that.

2) In addition to my personal reasons for asking for the poll, I see this info as vital for those forum members who are trying to get equipment manufacturers to make GW versions of their gear. To be able to quote some actual stats (even if they are not rigorously scientific) has to give some credibility to any request.

3) It was NOT my intention to encourage the "I can out-do you" attitude, or to encourage reckless or irresponsible driving or driving in places where 4wd's are not welcome. It was my intention to discover what GW owners are already doing.

4) "Extreme" was meant as a catch-all that you could tick if none of the above fitted the bill. Certainly, offroad in severe washouts & rocky creek beds would count in my opinion. Most other options (except beach & cross-country) were some degree of established path. Beach is pretty self explanatory. I see "cross-country" as paddock driving & easy terrain where there is no established path. Like beach, it might look easy, but the unwary can get into lots of grief!

5) The key words for those who have done lots is "most extreme" - I'll leave it to you to decide which of the various experiences you have had fits that.

6) This is not a rigorous scientific survey with carefully crafted definitions & controls. It should still provide some really good info!

Cheers,

Trevor
TheOddByte
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby rustyemz » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Mitcon wrote:lol, now thats what I call "custom" side steps Alan :twisted:
u should see what happened to the ones i got from u wayne :( totally wrecked it not only dented it split
rustyemz
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby Alz4x4 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cheers,
Al.
Alz4x4
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby Hartzy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 am

My X200 goes pretty well off road for what it is, an AWD. If it had low range Im sure it would give anything a run for its money.
Hartzy
Great Wall Wizard
Great Wall Wizard

Postby rockyx200 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Couldn't agree more. The lack of low range is a piss poor oversight by GW. I'm hoping to find and fit a rear air locker at some stage. Having said that, I've done the same tracks with the X200 that I have done previously with the V200 (Single cab, mild lift). All but one hill climb (Stanage Bay), that I used low range in the V200. Hope to get there over Christmas to try her (X200) out. Photos and video I hope.

Cheers.
rockyx200
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Previous

Return to Great Wall Surveys And Polls