v240 4x4 dual cab issues!!

For all GW specific discussions not covered in the categories above.

Re: v240 4x4 dual cab issues!!

Postby OMGW » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Well its now the beginning of June and still no decision by GW if they are or are not going to fix the paint problem. The best I got from the service people is "we are still waiting for GW to approve it...." That was about 2 weeks ago :evil:

On a slightly brighter note I found a new GW dealership and put the car in for its 30K service and they went through it with a fine tooth comb

Starter motor, rear muffler, clutch slave cylinder, sump seal,cam seal,crank seal, water pump all need replacing and they still haven't got to the bottom of why sometimes it revs at 2,500 and othertimes so low that it dies when I brake!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMGW
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Postby mikemck » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:43 am

yep ive been offered a diferent service company now to as the ones i use are so dam hopless :twisted: :evil:
mikemck
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby rustyemz » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:52 pm

OMGW plese where is this Great wall u have found or was u only speaking of a dream pm me on where to find them
rustyemz
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby mikemck » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:00 pm

anouther person to add to the colection mate we need to get this toghter an action group i reckon 8-) :?
mikemck
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

problems with warenty join us please

Postby mikemck » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:02 pm

i dont know how we will go but anyone with warenty problems please let us know :)
mikemck
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby OMGW » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:01 am

rustyemz wrote:OMGW plese where is this Great wall u have found or was u only speaking of a dream pm me on where to find them

Sorry Rusty they may be a bit far away from you. They are the Trusscotts on Parramatta Rd Croydon Sydney.
OMGW
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Postby jimbeamman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Ok So ive had a run in with the service department yet again

They are refusing to do the 20k service i was promised due to all of the damage THEY did to my vehicle when it has been in there.

The service manager must think i dont talk to my other half - yesterday she was told they wouldnt replace the sticker on the tailgate of her x240. today he sits there telling me they arent refusing service!!! WTF

Here is the list i have given to them about my ute.

Paint on LHS front gaurd
Paint on all 4 door handles
RHS headlight - clear is peeling and light cracking
LHS headlight - cracking
Brakes not pulling up - shuddering when pulling up in a hurry and not wanting to stop - nearly hit another car on the way home
4x4 not engaging properly - only goes in when it feels like and clunks extremely loud when it finally goes in (yes have tried slowly moving even then it just flashed and wont engage)
Whine in 2nd gear
rear door light switches dont operate have to wriggle them to get the light to go on
windscreen wiper arms - discoloured since delivery (stupid detailers polish seems to be the issue there)
Black plastic surrounds on side mirrors (same issue as above)
Rubber stopper on the back of the clutch had broken away within 1st month of ownership (still not sorted out)
Clutch pedal squeeks everytime you change gears
Extremely hard to get into reverse (i know the latest post about it but it takes about 5 attempts to get reverse gear)
The battery is bulging so asked for them to test alternator
Centre console hand brake rubber surround broken away from console - whole console needs replacing
drivers side front electric window doesnt wind down correctly moves forwards when winding it down.

Needless to say these are not all huge issues but how they are dealt with are.

Ive spent 60k with this dealership and can not believe the crap they are trying to spin me.

I ended up yelling at the service manager and walking out in disgust. (muttering threats about legal action)

I rang ateco on the way home and have asked them to arrange the SA Great Wall Rep to view both of our vehicles and when speaking to them about my issues in brief and said i will explain more to the rep.

I have been promised a call from ateco tomorrow as to where we go from here.

The ute is booked in tomorrow for them to have a look at the list i have given them but everytime i take it to them something else goes wrong. im starting to think it isnt worth it.

How can companies treat people this way and expect to stay in business?

I dont know whether to take it there tommorrow or wait and see what ateco have to say. Any ideas guys n gals?
Steven
ImageImage

3rd Place 4x4 - ROYAL ADELAIDE SHOW 2010 - On They Way to Coopers Creek - Little muddy!!!
jimbeamman
Great Wall Wizard
Great Wall Wizard

Postby jimbeamman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Pictures of the paint work on my door handles

Steven
ImageImage

3rd Place 4x4 - ROYAL ADELAIDE SHOW 2010 - On They Way to Coopers Creek - Little muddy!!!
jimbeamman
Great Wall Wizard
Great Wall Wizard

Postby mikemck » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

mate thats crap always the service department man they are making my blood boil im about to loose it big time with mine today :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
mikemck
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby jimbeamman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Ok so I dropped it off after cooling down last night.

They have looked at my issues and have basically sent pictures of all faults to ateco with a tech report. So I await ateco's decision on most repairs.

No surprises though with faulting the 4x4 going in. They said they tested and it tested fine went in no issues and didn't clunk. Also went into reverse straight away no issues. The window they have sent a report to ateco about but have said I need to clean the felt seals with a chamios - strange my passenger window doesn't have the same issue but we shall see what ateco says.

The brake issue is a whole other ball game. They are claiming it's the first they heard of it and have found at 20k the discs require machining. Not covered by warranty. So I have asked them to go through their old service sheets to find my original complaint which will prove it's a warranty issue.

Then they asked me who did the 10k service to which I was shocked because it went to them for other issues and the 10k service last year. The 10k service was free according to my salesman because i bought the demo so i dont have a receipt for it. Apparently that will effect my warranty and I have to locate my book to prove it's been done. Pity they didn't stamp the x240 book for the 1k service (book to be replaced after I brought this up due to incorrect spelling- too many ways to spell our last names- lol) but while I was there a jeep owner had to ask for her book to be stamped. So I'll find the book but it looks like unless that's stamped I have a huge fight ahead.

My advice to everyone is to ask for a copy of all reported faults printed on their paperwork and retain this incase they don't have it on their system.

The 20k service is a moot point!! So I'll be taking it elsewhere for that Purely on principal!

I took a photo of the speedo before and after as i wanted to see how much of a test drive the actually did

The car has only done 600m so i fail to see how the brakes were tested. On the way home i nearly slammed up the back end of the x240!!

When Parked This morning

When i picked it up this afternoon
Steven
ImageImage

jimbeamman
Great Wall Wizard
Great Wall Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Great Wall General Discussion