Patten of problems

For all GW specific discussions not covered in the categories above.

Patten of problems

Postby breefart » Mon May 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Got a question for everyone. Would love to get everyones two cents on this.

I have been doing a lot of reading about the V's and the X's and owner experences with there cars and there seems to be a patten. What i have notice is people that are having problems with there cars dont seem to be sticking up with there services or are doing there own services.
But on the other hand people that are sticking to there services dont seem to be having problems or are just having minor problems.

Am i right to see that patten happening.

I have had my X for coming on three years now with no major problem i have always stuck to the services and the car has never run better. Im a big believer in treating your car as you would anything eles important to you.
Tim (2009 x240)
breefart
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Re: Patten of problems

Postby Colin » Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 am

Not so sure about that ?....a lot of the problems seem to be almost fron day 1....., mine has been serviced by the book, at great expense, no skimping and is still giving me constant woes after 2 1/2 years

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Colin
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby pom20 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 am

Sorry to say but this is a incorrect statement just take me for example
No one else no other dealer has touched my v and the mob I am with still can't fix my issue
Pom20

[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6857/greatwall6dayigo.jpg[img]
pom20
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Postby cac » Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 am

I reckon the pattern is more just a result of mass manufacturing than anything.....

sure, there might be a few common faults cropping up, but it seems the real duds are few and far between.....

I've heard of it with a few different manufacturers, and the biggest problem IMO is that the customer is often told its not a warrantable fault for one reason or another.....
The way of a fool seems right to him, but the wise listen to advice....
cac
Great Wall Wizard
Great Wall Wizard

Postby matty888 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 am

had my 1st service done at dealership paid heaps to have their 17 year old 1st year apprentice change the oil,took it back that afternoon after pool of oil on my driveway,no ''o''ring seal in sump plug,
never again!
service it myself now and stuff the warranty,heaps cheaper,better quality oil,and i know the jobs done right!
have had it back a few times since for minor problems under warranty and they have always fixed them even though they no my warranty is void.
Get in their face and argue,about anything and any problem not directly related to them servicing the vehicle i.e. lumbar support dial on drivers seat fell off,got nothing to do with the schedule of log book servicing.
self service or dealer service i think has nothing to do with the problems people are having,some of these cars are just DUD'S.
2011 s2 x240 king springs,2''lift,uhf,mcc winch bar,13000lb winch,hayman reese hitch,low range RWD only mod,satnav,weather sheilds,tints,scan gauge,HD dash cam.and a little smelly cardboard tree that hangs on my gear shift.
matty888
Great Wall Legend
Great Wall Legend

Postby osb » Tue May 29, 2012 9:26 pm

"get in their face and argue".....................real good advice, customers who do this at my work get asked to leave and we will not help them. If you act like a jerk is that really going to achieve anything? People need to realize that the dealers do not build these low qaulity cars and the lack of support from ateco isn't helping things. But saying that, shoddy workmanship from some dealerships is shocking and its not confined to GW.
osb
Great Wall Wizard
Great Wall Wizard

Postby randaljds » Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello everybody

I couldn't help myself here... I have been very happy with my ute, but the service from an un-named local dealer well ordinary.

gearbox sump plug 2012-05-28 great wall 33000 kms.JPG
gearbox drain plug 33,000km
gearbox sump plug 2012-05-28 great wall 33000 kms.JPG (37.9 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

Pictures tell a thousand words.

I told the service department that my gearbox had a strange whining noise at the 1,000 km service and they even wrote it on the invoice that they had checked it, including oil level and road test. I have repeated my concern at each service and when reading a few posts on this forum decided to do the obvious at 33,000km's... I doubt if there was even much over a litre in there. Geez I really wish I had of drained it into a measuring jug.

At the last service I also complained about a significant loss of power. This week I also spent $18 on spark plugs and wow... It's like it never had any in it from day 1, this difference is unbelievable.

Anyway once bitten twice shy, will never be taking it back to the local Great Wall workshop, nor will I be buying my next Wall from their yard.

Oh yeah, the response from the service mechanic at the 1,000 km service was... "It's a commercial gearbox mate, off course it's going to sound different". Prior to my current job I was a road train driver but I don't know what a commercial gearbox sounds like, I don't ever remember hearing one except when you miss a gear..?

Randal J Dell-Spector
PO Box 2009 Bendigo DC Vic 3554
randal@rdsp.com.au
0435 070 751
randaljds
Great Wall Legend
Great Wall Legend

Postby coasterman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:57 am

My V240 cab chassis is 20 months old and now has 38000km on it. It has been a fantastic vehicle. The only problem I have had was a clutch failing at 22000km which they would NOT replace under warranty. I stuck an EXEDY clutch in it at my own cost of $400. The servicing I received from my dealer has been complete crap from day 1.
1st service - drivers seat had grease marks all over it.
2nd service - drivers seat had grease on it again, and the gearbox boot had been removed and not replaced.
3rd service - oil leaking from sump plug and the left front wheel wasn't tightened so it came loose on my way home. Even after taking the car back to fix the sump plug I discovered at my next service (at a different location I must add) that they had burred the thread in the sump so they had GLEWED it back in. The new servicing guy put in new thread and plug and fixed it properly.
I have given up on the extended warranty otherwise if I kept going back to the dealership I believe the car would be stuffed in another couple of years because of their poor workmanship.
I love the vehicle but really dislike the workmanship of the dealer I purchased it from and will NEVER return to them.
coasterman

Postby sinaisam » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm

I have clocked up 120K in just over 3 years with little problem other than a persistent running rough for the last 10K. I do all my own services except for major things like timing belts. Decided to do my own after the first service cost a bloody fortune. I was charged $120 for the 'special' oil alone. I,m working on the basis that if I can get 5 years out of it without too many problems, I am happy to buy another one. Just under $5000 a year for reliable transport is worth it to me.
sinaisam

Postby TJ377 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:26 am

My v200 they had to replace a head gasket at 30,000ks at the previous 15,000 service I told them it had been leaking coolant they told me it was just from the overflow but I think this was a huge issue that if fixed at 15,000 ks would have avoided the head gasket problem, it was all covered under warranty and they were apologetic about it, but yeah it crunches going into 4th gear now and clutch is sticky my next service I am going to a local mechanic but I had to use the dealer for warenty
TJ377
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Next

Return to Great Wall General Discussion