Engine misfire & Jerking

Chat about engines, exhaust and fuel system related issues in Great Wall X240, V240, X200 and V200 vehicles

Re: Engine misfire & Jerking

Postby puffa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Just wondering has the double earthstrap fixed the problem,if so can you post results. My 2011 x240 is jerking about and having little hissy fits.
Cheers puffa.
puffa
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby puffa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:49 am

In regards to another earth strap fitted...Well did that (with a few bits of skin missing)and thought the issue was fixed,i was wrong sti getting the jerking through the gears..I,m using unleaded 95 oct? Next will try octane booster and then CAS if all that fails i,m going to start pulling my hair out and i,m nearly bald.lol,if anyone has any further knoledge on this i would like to hear from you...
Puffa.
puffa
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby danpower » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 pm

I did the double earth strap on one of my V240s but not the other, no noticeable difference.

I test drove a V240 a while back with a pod filter, it seemed to run really smoothly so I'm going to do the pod filter/ODB/throttle body cleanout mentioned on the previous page to one ute and see how that goes, if it works I'll do both.

Will try to remember to post updates..
danpower
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Postby puffa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Well what a surprize,the jerking i described was all wrong,the dammed head gasket blew apparently for some time as the mechanic described what it would like leading up to the head gasket blowing. Well now have 2011 x240 healthy except for blown head gasket,can,t afford to fix it (approximately $1500) so it sits in paddock. Unless anyone wants to buy it as is,if anyone interested my email peter.tyley@bigpond.com cheers from a pi**ed of peter.
puffa
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Previous

Return to Engine, Exhaust And Fuel Systems