Removing parker globes

Wiring, batteries, console and Great Wall compatible electronic gadgets discussion.

Removing parker globes

Postby danpower » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

This may a stupid question since there are several posts stating that parkers just need half a turn to remove.... BUT HOW THE @#$#@$ do you get the parkers out?? :lol:

Mine just spin in the fitting no matter what I do, I can turn them a full 360deg in either direction while pulling on them relatively hard and they WILL NOT come out! I've got one to replace, but I've tried both parkers on both utes and all four do exactly the same thing.

I'm lost!
danpower
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Re: Removing parker globes

Postby danpower » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 am

Iiiiiiiiii'm an idiot.

I'd read multiple threads saying that the parker globes need a half turn to remove so, assuming they would pop straight out if I turned them the right way, I tried and tried and tried and tried and couldn't get them out.

Two days later it occurs to me to just pull the bloody things and lo and behold, out they come :roll: :roll:

If anyone comes here looking for the answer it is: simply grip the plastic socket from the back with a set of long nose pliers and pull!

Also just for info I replaced mine with a set of SCA brand LED T10s from SuperCheap, $11.99 a pair (Narva halogens are $5.75 each) and they look awesome. Not very bright but parkers aren't meant to be so I'm happy with them. Note the blue colour in the dark pic is most likely due to the camera's white balance being set to auto and it compensating for the yellow of the fogs... they look white as white in person.

Probably going to go LED on fogs and low beam soon, maybe high beam as well but LEDs are cash money so might leave them ha.

Image Image
danpower
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Return to Electrical and Electronic Systems