changed engine in a v200 diesel

Wiring, batteries, console and Great Wall compatible electronic gadgets discussion.

changed engine in a v200 diesel

Postby fisho » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Dropped the timming belt bent valves ect so we changed the engine second hand from a wreker.
Engine was complete with wiring loom swaped it over plugged in new loom absolutly no response other than starter .
Pluged in a obd2 and had no fuel presure or any other info , we towed it and git fuel preasure up 5000 psi no fires pulled the main plug and put it back obd2 shows fuel pressure and RPM but the tacho does not respond other than egr fault code there are no other codes.
My thought are electrical ps we changed the injectors over from the old engine no change.
Any idea's
fisho
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Re: changed engine in a v200 diesel

Postby Mitcon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:35 am

Did you get the injectors initialized/recoded (serial numbers and positions etc) with the ECU and make certain the system is primed and there's no air in the system?

What was the code the engine was throwing, check all harness connections are good? Did you use dielectric grease on all electrical connections? Maybe give a bit more detail to what you have (or haven't) tried/done etc to give people more ideas as it might help them come with ideas of where the problem may be located.

Often it's the simple things we miss, if I get stressed when working on a car I'll go have a break and do something else till I can come back with a fresh head lol. Maybe try the search feature and read up on others issues getting the diesel donk started, there have been some posts related to this topic in the past.

Either way good luck with it and please let us know if you get the problem sorted as it may help others also.
Cheers
Wayne

Go low, Go slow.
Mitcon
GWOF Co-founder
GWOF Co-founder

Postby fisho » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:42 pm

As I said we put all injectors from old engine back in new one so that coding was the same.
Im Sure it must be electricalwe will go through all plugs and connections again the obd2 shows rpm but the dash tako does not show rpm ,in my mind i can remember the tacho still functioning as we rolled to a stop with the cam not turning , with that I would assume the tacho reads from the crank sensor , it may be the problem will chek ,just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.
fisho
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby fisho » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Changed engines with full harness from a different vehicle the old engine was running till timming belt broke due to a idlel destroying itself 10000 ks before it was due replaced engine with a complete motor and loom was a running engine bolted it in plugged it in nothing other than starter .primed it and towed it fuel pressure came up on obd2 no rpm on tacho tried again we then got fuel pressure up to 5000 psi ,rpm on obd2 only none on the dash , oil pressure light off , alternator charging all epuipment working but engine will not fire removedand replaced plugs that are accessible , changed injectors to the ororiginal one in original places and tried again stil nothing currently about to test wiring at ECU connector to check individual circuits , if any one reading this has ideas wether or not sensors should be changed to original or not.
Dont understand why but if wiring cheks out ok guess thats the next step.
Living in hope
fisho
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby eagle27 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:41 am

Fisho, from what I can follow from your posts you changed engines with a complete replacement, loom and all and plugged into your original ECU. Your ECU would not have been coded for the injectors in the replacement motor.

Now you have put the injectors from your old motor into the new motor and still nothing goes? Perhaps by powering up the ECU with the 'new' injectors the ECU looses the coding from the old injectors if you follow me? Had you put your old injectors into the new motor first up and then powered up the original ECU all may have been okay.
eagle27
Great Wall Legend
Great Wall Legend

Postby fisho » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Found the problem did lots reading in the manual found one page on engine loom didn't achieve much kept thinking something to do with the change over my son and I then meticulously went through the plugs we found the problem the cam shaft sensor was wired black for green swaped the wires in the plug and Bob was your uncle tacho came to life and the engine fired and running sweet.
Was ready to do all sort of nasty things after two days of trial and error much happier now .
Ps we also found the wiring on the turbo circut wire back to front on colour code but position was correct so it didn't matter.
Smiling now.
Fisho
fisho
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby apyziakos » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Glad to see you got it sort. Im in the process of changing an engine out now. Hopefully we are successful like you.

Cheers

Adam
apyziakos
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Return to Electrical and Electronic Systems