V200 not starting when cool

Wiring, batteries, console and Great Wall compatible electronic gadgets discussion.

V200 not starting when cool

Postby Rodderz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:24 am

Hey all,
I have a single cab ute V200 diesel which has been going ok till last week when it wouldn't start when cold. Previously there was the odd occasion when it wouldnt start when warm and it would take 2-3 goes to start it but that was very rare.

Last week I went to start it early in the morning and it turn over fine, it just would not fire. Then when it seems to have sun on the car for 20mins or so it fires up like nothing happened and the rest of the day it starts fine till the next morning. I took it to Tropical Auto who did tests on it, replaced a fuel filter they said was causing some issue but apart from that found no issue apart from 3 fault codes-
- P0513, P1690, and P1167.

Some google searches seems to indicate an immobiliser issue, which would make sense, or a Vo2 sensor?
It's got me baffled though why it wont cold start then is fine once going and starting it for the rest of the day when needed.

Any similar experiences or thoughts on the issue?

Cheers
Rodderz

Re: V200 not starting when cool

Postby eagle27 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Could be battery related even though it obviously turns over on the starter but voltage maybe down too low when turning over and not providing correct voltage to initiate ECU properly to allow starting. Battery in my Rodeo would not turn motor over for first start on cool mornings but small jug of hot water tipped over battery and the motor fired up instantly and was okay for rest of the day. New battery cured that problem.
eagle27
Great Wall Legend
Great Wall Legend

Postby Rodderz » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:14 am

Could be, it's back at the dealer's now since Friday, and haven't heard whether it started for them in the morning or not. I'll mention the battery as it would be worth checking. It sounds like a small anomaly though as it runs fine at all times except for starting first thing in the morning.
Rodderz

Postby jenolan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:48 am

We had the problem it was that the glow plugs were faulty, they said it was a consumable and cost us to fix but that solved the issue.
Want to know what we are doing Jenolan

V200 4x4 TDi (Tray) Owner since Jan 2012 ... and loving it! ... My Truck .. Named Luke
jenolan
Great Wall Fan
Great Wall Fan

Postby Rodderz » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:29 am

Several months later and my work ute still has this problem, after going back to the dealer probably 5 or 6 times, frustrating.

It seems it's now an immobiliser issue, the flashing immobiliser symbol stays on when the key is turned to accessories & won't allow it to start, until funnily enough the car has been in the sun for a bit. Have tried new batteries in the remote, tested the car battery, and the dealer has reset the ECU and recoded the 2 keys. It still starts fine throughout the day however once it's been started. It's going back today so hopefully they can check that fuel tank loom under the seat or whatever else they can find.
Rodderz

Postby ferrett » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 am

Hi my name is Trevor I am hoping you read this Rodderz because I am having same issues , so wondering if you cured the problem I no it was approx. 18 months ago I have also tried to Email you I hope I can contact you some how because it driving me crazy, Thanks
ferrett
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Postby Rodderz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Yes Trevor have just emailed back. In the end it was the ignition barrel wasn't getting the immobiliser code from the keyfob so it wouldn't allow starting. All makes sense now. The dealer replaced the ignition barrel under warranty and it worked like new after that.
Rodderz

Postby ferrett » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Rodderz wrote:Yes Trevor have just emailed back. In the end it was the ignition barrel wasn't getting the immobiliser code from the keyfob so it wouldn't allow starting. All makes sense now. The dealer replaced the ignition barrel under warranty and it worked like new after that.
Rodderz wrote:Yes Trevor have just emailed back. In the end it was the ignition barrel wasn't getting the immobiliser code from the keyfob so it wouldn't allow starting. All makes sense now. The dealer replaced the ignition barrel under warranty and it worked like new after that.

Thank you Rodderz for your reply, I am sorry for taking so long to thank you for your email I am in the process of still chasing this up I have had some family issues that are more important at the moment so please excuse me for not answering sooner and I hope to keep chasing this issue up and will keep you informed of any out come thanking you again and all the others that have commented. :)
ferrett
Great Wall Convert
Great Wall Convert

Return to Electrical and Electronic Systems