new flip key

Buy, sell or trade Great Wall vehicles, accessories and services, also related 4x4 and general 4wd'ing items. Be sure to read the classifieds guidelines before posting or replying to ads - thanks :)

new flip key

Postby chippy4x4 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi Guys been a long time since I have been here
still have the x240 and the only thing that has let us down was a 4wd sensor. stupid prices here but found the oem on aliexpress, $7:00 delivered
same site I found these, flip keys with everything in them. Have a look if you are interested. Ours came and works great
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/origina ... 0.0.8C5KB2
cheers
Kevin
chippy4x4
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Re: new flip key

Postby vibeaustralia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 am

Hi sorry to be asking a stupid question, but I have a 2011 X240 and am not very savvy about things mechanical LOL
If I was to buy one of these new keys, how do you programme it to open your car? And you would have to get the metal bit cut to match yes? We badly need a new flip key ours has deteriorated and now doesn't want to open at all any more. But the nice price of $150 has kept us from getting one as there are a number of things that need doing on the vehicle so price is very important right now ;)
Thanks for any advice! Cheers!
vibeaustralia

Re: new flip key

Postby Escapable » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:47 am

With remotes the issue is wear on the plastic bits, mainly the buttons and the electronics inside are usually OK.
You can buy the plastic surround only, and transfer the insides to the new carrier and change the blade over and it is all like new and more cost effective.
Blue X200 Auto 2013 (Pro Racing OBD Chipped)
Most cars are assembled from Chinese parts: Why not bring in the whole car?
Escapable
Great Wall Evangelist
Great Wall Evangelist

Return to Great Wall Buy And Sell